Office assistant provides general clerical support of semi-routine nature under close to moderate supervision. Operates office equipment. Activities include preparation and distribution of electronic or written materials such as newsletters, Sunday bulletins, and sermons, membership, mailing and other lists. Answers incoming calls and retrieves calls from voicemail. Schedules building use and maintains central calendar. Orders and maintains necessary office and facility supplies. Will perform other ongoing administrative duties as required by the minister and with input from the board or committee chair persons.
Office Assistant Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reports to church minister and supports them in day to day activities
- Enters accounts payable/receivable, deposits bank deposits weekly, writes checks; uses Quick Books
- Maintains office operations by filing and retrieving information, typing, copying and receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Updates the Church’s web page
- Responds to inquiries in a polite and professional manner, welcomes and assists visitors
- Maintains membership and mailing databases and lists
- Provides support to committees, other church members and board as directed by the minister; schedules meetings and sends meeting invites
- Computer literacy: Must be proficient in Word, basic Excel. Publisher, Access, Zoom and Quickbooks desirable. Will teach if necessary
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional discretion
- Well-developed time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Typing and word processing skills
- Attention to detail
- Administrative writing skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- One to two years of office assistant experience
Work Hours and Benefits:
- 12-15 hours per week, Tuesday – Friday; extra compensable hours may be required during peak times.
- After 60-90 day probationary period, 2 weeks paid vacation prorated for fiscal year July-June.
- Up to $18 per hour based on experience
- Covid Requirements:
- All recommended vaccines required
- Follows protocol as required by the church
Please submit resumes to:
115 W Loomis St
Ludington, Mi 49431
or CONTACT US for more info.